Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The last post ......or is it?

I can not believe that we have come to the end of our learning experience and was feeling quite maudlin about the whole thing when HANG ON! Whats this? Thing 24????? What you talkin about Karen? But after the initial shock I came to the realisation that no I wasnt finished and I really didnt want to be.....The course really has given me the confidence to wander around on the web more and not to be afraid of all the technology......The idea of all this Internet stuff is more scary than the reality.

You would all have been so proud of me two nights ago when Jamie was givin out about all the sites she looked at and blogs and twitters she followed......She couldnt keep up with them all, I casually said "oh you need google reader then all the updates will come to you and with only one page to visit you wont miss anything"
So I helped her(yep you read that right!) to set up google reader and she was so impressed I showed her how to direct all her sites to it ....and later she was telling her friends about it GO ME!!!!

My favourite exercise really has been setting up this blog and writing the updates every week but I also liked the social networking,twitter and facebook, and the google maps (street view is great)I have found a disturbing side to my character lol....stalker tendencies.

My least favourite thing was wikis because I really didnt like this idea of anyone being able to put up something on the site and the validity of it all......I was also educated though because I had no idea this was how wikipeadia worked and so will be more careful in future(lots of my friends thought it was a "Proper" encyclopedia also so I dont feel a total ditz)

To be honest I dont feel qualified to say if any of the tools would work in our library ...of course we already have podcast ..may be a kind of street view visual to go with the podcast would be fun?

What would I do differently? well I think an hour some weeks is not enough....I did alot of stuff at home ..some because it was fun and others because there was just so much in the topic ,like wikis.
I also liked someones idea of having a facebook acc just for the people taking part, for discussion and tips etc.


Would I do something like this again .....too right I would, and I would be highly upset if they was a deeper (for want of a better word) course, along the same lines and I was not informed!!!

Also just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave lunchtime talks, they really for me were an important part of the course, great fun and informative....what more could you ask for!

I will most likely keep the blog going as it is fun...

So speak to you anon!

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Well done Julie, it looks like you are the first particapant to complete the 23 things programme, its also sounds like you enjoyed it! Well done again, I will be in contact shortly with your cerfificate!


    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll add my congrats too, Julie - and mention how enjoyable your blog is - a great mixture of the personal and professional!
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete