Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My net book is broken......
Jamie has kindly lent me her laptop for an hour so I could read emails/check facebook etc.
I was quite taken aback at the reaction I had to not being able to do these things whenever I wanted to, and there was was a slight(very slight) feeling of panic also.........Why is this? Was I afraid I would miss something?
When I leave the house without my mobile phone I have a constant feeling of dread deep inside me ...what if I break down on the way home?....What if the childminder needs me?
I drove around London on my own for years without a mobile, Jamie has made it to 18(19 next week)and for at least the first 8 of those years I didnt have a mobile......My childminder has the numbers of my Mother and Jamie and knows where every other member of my family lives so why do I worry? My little O.C.D is checking my pockets umpteen times to make sure the phone is there ....maybe I should worry about that?

When I think about it more deeply I have a worrying attachment to all technology and time saving devices ...when my microwave broke(really it was quite spectacular and sparks and flames were coming out of every vent) I could not rest until I had a brand new one......I only use the thing to reheat Jamie's dinners now and again and heat the milk for Macks readybrek in the morning.

Is there any hope for me?
Good news is that as Jamie wants her laptop back now I will have to face the taking down of the Christmas decs which to me is the worst job in the world as the house looks so bare for days afterwards

No comments:

Post a Comment