Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The big freeze

We are in the middle of "the big freeze"
The kids have had the first snow days in living memory and I have had no water for 5 days as our (and most of limericks) water pipes have frozen.
No dishwasher....................
No washing machine......................
No shower......................
No flushing........................
We are fast running out of neighbours to beg water from,not as you may think because they are sick of the sight of us(and our buckets), but because they also are becoming victims of the Big F!!!
I am not really equipped for this kind of hardship.I couldn't cope without the microwave for two days(see last post)for crying out loud!!!!
But some interesting things have come to light because of all of this.
Mack had never seen anyone wash up (he is 6)
Caitlin had never helped to dry dishes (she is 11)
I wonder what other life tools they are missing out on there must be loads but because we assimilate so easily into life with all the mod cons I cant think of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment